Welcome to Thursday’s Tips at Studio 4 PR! Every Thursday, I’ll be sharing the best tips I’ve found to make your business and/or life easier. Most of the time, they’ll be relevant to finding and being found by your ideal client, but my main goal is to make them meaningful. Or fun. Or both.
If you have a tip to share with other entrepreneurs or small business owners, please send it to email@example.com with Thursday’s Tips in the subject line. I won’t post anything that’s offensive, small-minded, mean-spirited, or negative, so please be nice. Just sayin’.
Content is King
Information is a hot commodity. Consumers can’t get enough of it. They are drawn to it like a thirsty person is to water. Why is this? Because they want to know what they don’t know.
Information is everywhere, written by all kinds of people, some of them experts, some who call themselves experts, and some who wish they were experts. Competition is fierce, so how do you get people to pay attention to your content?
Here are 6 ways:
- Ask a question — Post a question on social media and use the answers in a blog post. Say you write “Business owners share their biggest fears”. When you post it, tag the people you quoted so it shows up in their newsfeeds. Make it easy for them to share your post with their networks.
- Conduct a poll — Share the results in a blog post using an infographic instead of text. Picktochart, Vizualize, and Easel.ly are just a few of the free ways to transform complex information into really cool graphics that get shared,
- Use a signature block — Create one with WiseStamp and you can add a link to your last blog post, latest tweet or pin as well as your logo. It’s a way to reach out to people every time you hit the “send” button.
- Create a Gravatar — This is a globally recognized avatar, which follows you from site to site, so when you comment on another blog, it gives people an easy way to connect with you.
- Post in groups–There is a common misconception that if you post something to your wall, it will reach the most people. Wrong! Instead post it to your groups in Facebook and LinkedIn (where relevant). Although there may be thousands in the group, there’s a commonality that provides for greater intimacy and connection. Chances are you’ve already engaged in group discussions and the people know you.
- Participate in #FanParties — Here’s how it works: you post a link to your Facebook page and like the other pages. You don’t have to like every single one, but the more you like, the more that will like you back. When someone likes your page, it’s nice to send them a message thanking them and either ask a question or make a comment about something on their page.
Please share your comments or opinions with me below. I would love to know how my content is helping you to Get R.E.A.L (realistic, engaging, authentic, and of the mindset you want to have a long-lasting relationship with your clients.) Don’t be afraid to ask questions or suggest topics for future blog posts. I am here to serve YOU.
Thank you for sharing this space with me.
Stay tuned tomorrow for #Follow Friday, featuring influential people worth following. Send items of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the day it’s intended for in the subject line.
Need more help finding and being found by your ideal client? Schedule a complimentary 30 minute consultation with me to get some realistic, engaging, authentic, and long-lasting (in other words, real) ideas you can implement today.
Robin Taney, (aka the “Get R.E.A.L Girl”) is the owner and founder of Studio 4 PR. She works with creative, independent, and “kitchen table” entrepreneurs who are highly motivated to be found by their perfect client. You can connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, and sign up for mailing list You are welcome to use this post on your blog, provided you do not alter it in any way and include a link to this blog.
Robin is also a co-author of the bestselling book, Navigating Entrepreneurship: Secrets to Put You on an Unstoppable Course, and City Director for the Rochester digital edition of Today’s Innovative Woman magazine. Click here for a free subscription or to learn more about advertising packages.